
Throughout my time in jail I had been contemplating producing a painting as a tribute to my beautiful and loyal wife, Marguerite Charlotte. This story, I feel would be perfectly fitting. The theme is to be reconcilliation, a story of love prevailling over conflict, I hope to portray purity as well as bloodshed...she will be thrilled!
I have been producing many compositional sketches and paintings, in one preliminary version of this painting I chose to portray male figures in the nude after studying traditional paintings from the Roman era. The Romans often portrayed their gods and heros without clothes. However, I began to think...why am I painting these males in the nude, when surely the women in this story are the heros? Whilst the men are causing death and chaos, the women aim to prevent it, they bravely place themselves and their children between the warring men. I want to create a superior quality in these women that is more moral than physical, I want them to be small, delicate, glowing...
I have been producing many compositional sketches and paintings, in one preliminary version of this painting I chose to portray male figures in the nude after studying traditional paintings from the Roman era. The Romans often portrayed their gods and heros without clothes. However, I began to think...why am I painting these males in the nude, when surely the women in this story are the heros? Whilst the men are causing death and chaos, the women aim to prevent it, they bravely place themselves and their children between the warring men. I want to create a superior quality in these women that is more moral than physical, I want them to be small, delicate, glowing...

No comments:
Post a Comment